About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Moving Mishaps

Every move has its risks - that's why it's important to prepare a clear, detailed list of all items going into those boxes that go into the container, including a description and replacement cost.  In this move we did have a few claims once we had unpacked and inspected all contents.  There were some rub mark on the back of our leather couch and mahogany tables, some broken ceramics, and a few other minor damages - all typical and not unexpected in such a move.  However, the surprise was the disintegration of some of my shoes!  It seems that some of them literally fell apart under the stress of summer heat inside the container on its long voyage.


After finding a couple of pairs where the glue or rubber had fallen apart, I inspected this pair before wearing them to church last Sunday.  I was happy they were in good shape because I really like them.  However, during the meetings I felt them give way under my feet.  How can I explain to the moving company that the replacement cost requires a trip down memory lane in Buenos Aires?  

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad:( those memories are priceless. They probably wouldn't understand:(

    ReplyDelete