About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Monday, January 7, 2013

I Simply Remember My Favourite Things

In my favourite movie, "The Sound of Music" Julie Andrews sings:

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad,
 I simply remember my favourite things, and then I don't feel so bad".

It's good advice, except at the moment some of my favourite things are the very reason I'm feeling sad.

All fall the sideline section of the blog under "What's Next" read:  We're so excited for Christmas in Mexico!  The girls and their families all arrive on December 21st.  Not only will we have the holiday fun together, but it will be the first time that our grandchildren and two son-in-laws will have ever been to our home.  We've only visited at their houses or at my Mom's in Calgary (because they never came to Saudi Arabia).  Unfortunately David and Isaiah can't be here and we will miss them.  It's great to be in a country that celebrates Christmas, and we're excited to enjoy all of the holiday festivities here.

We did have a wonderful Christmas holiday and enjoyed every minute of the 10 days together (I'll write more about that later) but the kids left on Tuesday and Saturday and Brian flew back to Cuidad del Carmen this morning to work for 3 weeks.  I walked back into the empty house and the silence was deafening.




But this evening as I've been editing the hundreds of photos (ok - thousands), and reliving the memories, I am smiling and don't feel so bad.  


1 comment:

  1. We had a great time! And your favourite things are grateful for all you did to make the trip so special

    ReplyDelete