About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Monday, February 11, 2013

El Diario del Frasco



My calling in the Ajijic Branch is counselor in Relief Society.  For my first monthly activity I planned an event titled "Journal Jar" in English, but with a bit of help from locals, came up with the title "El Diara del Frasco".  

The purpose was to help them come up with ideas for writing a journal or life memoirs.  I started by having each woman share a childhood experience.  Then I shared some thoughts and examples from life histories of my own family.  From there, they went to sit at the tables around the room.  They cut up the starter prompts which I had translated into Spanish (isn't Google great!?) and stuffed them into the jars they had brought.  Then they pulled out a prompt and began to write.  

As they were leaving, several ladies told me they had enjoyed the activity.  I appreciated their support and politeness.  However, at church on Sunday, one lady (probably in her sixties), told me that she had been writing all week and has completed half of her life story.  She is excited to share it with her children.  That kind of feedback makes the effort worthwhile.     


1 comment:

  1. Wow Mom, that's amazing! Great job. I bet you were thrilled! :)

    ReplyDelete