About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Chengdu has many wonderful parks, each with its own personality, but they are all places for families and friends to gather.  Some are more boisterous with lots of games, singing and dancing going on.  The two parks that we visited yesterday reflected a tranquil Sunday afternoon.  I will post the photos as I came to them so walk in the park with me and discover it as I did....

Tazishan Park
Most parks have a dramatic Chinese entrance

This one is home to an old pagoda, but unfortunately it has not been maintained and you can't climb inside for a view. 

A traditional style bridge graces the river
The armband with the Chinese flag seemed to be the identifier for the park workers. 

Umbrellas are almost as common for shade on hot (but never sunny here) days as they are for rain.  I prefer the sun, but wear a hat for shade.   


Both men and women carry fans here (I have bought one to carry in my bag).  Not only is it part of the culture, but it makes a difference with the heat and humidity.  This one is well used.


 The base of the pagoda is decorated with stone carvings. 

 

One section of the park had a lot of tables and stools made from tree trunks.  Here families and couples relaxed in the shade and some had picnics or drinks.  I was surprised to not find any of the gambling games described in an earlier blog, but it made for a quieter setting.

All the parks are impressively clean


  I
Have you noticed that whenever people realize they are being photographed, they give the peace sign. 

Outside the park I crossed the street to catch a taxi.  As I crossed under the freeway above I came across this roadside repair station.  It can service the many scooters and bicycles.  
I had seen the girls below in the middle below when I went into the park.  Then they had wanted me to pose with them so they could take my picture.  I took this photo and then realized it was the same girls I had seen a couple of hours earlier.  Even adults flash the peace sign.  
Wangjianglou Park
Later in the afternoon Brian and I strolled through Wangjianglou Park in another part of the city.
Who knew?  The second little pig must have rebuilt his house in China! 

This little boy was playing badminton with his dad, and he was pretty good.  notice that straight arrow birdie to the right.  

Brian will always love maps.  He just got his first smart phone so now he likes to compare the map in his palm with the big map.  Are we still lost? 





No comments:

Post a Comment