About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Continuing the Walk

If you haven't read the previous post "Finding Real China (on a long walk)" then you've missed the first half of my walk.

The next park I came to was really just a wide spot along the river where people were enjoying their leisure activities...or just watching.


I will write a separate post sometime about the various board games I've seen, but in every park there are men huddled around a game board.  



One aspect that made this day so wonderful for me was that nobody minded having their picture taken!  I think it's because I was the only Caucasian face around that they were so busy staring at me, they didn't realize I had the camera on their faces.  They just gave me big, friendly smiles.  And I was literally 'in their face' since I don't have my zoom lens - (it's being repaired back home).





They have no inhibitions about singing or dancing in public.  These ladies twirled and swayed to very nice music that added a special feeling to this park.  This was taped music, but often the parks are filled with the sounds of live brass bands.  



 As always, there were spectators...or maybe they were just sitting this one out.  
This little boy was gleefully running away from his Dad.
Although the parks are filled with lots of people, there is a calmness and serenity about their activities.  And even space for solitude.  



More streets, parks, kids and games
 




I finally had to turn away from the river and head toward our hotel.  It was getting late and I must admit that my feat were starting to feel a bit tired.  But my heart and mind were invigorated from this encounter with the locals.  Just a few more people and sites to see.  








The public facilities are available, I just haven't risked it yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment