About Us

My photo
We enjoy to travel, to explore new & interesting places together. While traveling, Pam enjoys to practice her photography skills while Brian reviews the history. We also both enjoy learning about our family histories (and related travel when possible). And most of all we enjoy time with each other, friends and family.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Don't forget to Flush

If there is one practical thing I've learned in all of our travels it's this:

Never pass up a good opportunity to use the potty.  You never know when you'll see the next one, or what condition you'll find.

So upon leaving the Panda Base, I spotted the universal bathroom sign and headed that direction.  

Now I've seen lots of variation in bathroom facilities and the Eastern toilet doesn't shock me.  Just roll up your pant legs (the floor is usually wet) and squat low.  Be grateful for your gym squats so you can gracefully stand up again.  That basket in the corner is for your  toilet paper (or the emergency Kleenex I've learned to always carry in my pocket).  



I thought I had discovered all of the possible ways to flush a toilet.  The  normal handle has been replaced in most public washrooms now with the automatic flush (does anyone else ever wonder if it's really going to work?).  Then in Britain there is the chain on the tank up at the ceiling.  I've seen all sorts of other chains and handles in other places.  The basket in the corner is common many locations.  


But this was a new one for me!!!  


Now how do they really expect a woman to try out the possibilities, with the typical lineup outside the stall???   It took too long just to read the options.  Besides, I didn't know which direction that spray was pointed and was  puzzled by how the massage would work, so I confess...I didn't even get a simple flush.  

No comments:

Post a Comment